For the Health & Safety of the Left Hand Brewing Community
Posted: March 13, 2020
Serving our community has always been just as important to us as serving beer. As part of our community, we wanted to reach out to you to share the additional steps we are taking to keep our staff, Tasting Room guests, and customers around the world safe and informed as we continually witness the COVID-19 situation evolve. Please know that we are taking these concerns seriously and that we will be constantly monitoring and implementing the recommendations of such credible sources as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
As an employee-owned company that values the total health and well-being of each member of the team, we have implemented the following policies with immediate effect:
• Introducing an interim sick leave policy where employees will receive extended sick pay compensation.
• Restricting work-related air travel.
• Informing staff of best practices to prevent contracting or spreading contagions.
As a Tasting Room that highly values being welcoming and inclusive, we consistently make guest safety our highest priority. In addition to our comprehensive and detailed daily cleaning procedures, we are:
• Utilizing sanitizing solution to wipe doors handles, sinks, toilets and tables every 2 hours.
• Moving tables further apart to reduce contact between groups.
• Suspending brewery tours until further notice as they do enter production areas.
As a production team that never settles for less than the highest quality beer, we remain vigilant when it comes to responsible brewing practices for consumer safety. In addition to our rigorous level of compliance with FDA standards in the craft beer community (including adherence to the Food Safety Modernization Act), we are:
• Implementing additional sanitization and glove-wearing practices for shared equipment such as forklifts and company vehicles.
• Installing additional hand sanitizing stations at all main entrance/exit locations throughout the brewery.
• Cleaning and sanitizing all common space areas with increased frequency.
Our Tasting Room will remain open for regular hours. However, in response to the advice of Boulder County Public Health, we will be canceling or rescheduling larger scale events. This difficult yet necessary decision does include the cancellation of this Saturday’s Neal Francis show in our Tasting Room and the postponement of Leftapalooza 2020 on May 16. Ticket holders for both events will receive refund information via e-mail shortly. All current Leftapalooza tickets will also be automatically honored for the rescheduled date of Saturday, August 22, 2020.
Please do continue to follow us on our on-line channels. We will be sure to notify you of any other pertinent information regarding our operating practices and events.
Finally, if you do feel ill, we kindly ask that you refrain from visiting our Tasting Room at this time. If you are making the decision to avoid public spaces, we hope you continue to enjoy our quality craft beers from the comfort of your homes.
Thank you for your loyal patronage and support.
- The Employee-Owners at Left Hand