Coming this weekend, Longmont Oktoberfest will make its annual return! This time, in the spirit of community and doing the right thing, Left Hand Brewing is dedicating our Longmont Oktoberfest to Flood Relief 2013. This Friday and Saturday, September 20th-21st join us in Longmont at Roosevelt Park for a festive weekend celebrating life, perseverance, and of course great music and five breweries!
Presented by First National Bank and the Times-Call, with additional support from High Plains Bank, Longmont Community Foundation, The Animal Hospital, Nextera Healthcare, Pratt Management, First Main Street Insurance, and Heart of Longmont.
Dates: Friday & Saturday, September 20th -21st
Time: Fri: 4-10pm, Sat: 12-10pm
Location: Roosevelt Park, Longmont CO
Beneficiaries: Longmont Meals on Wheels, Longmont HOPE, and the Left Hand Brewing Foundation
All proceeds from Longmont Oktoberfest will be split evenly between Longmont Meals on Wheels, HOPE for Longmont, and the Left Hand Brewing Foundation – our very own disaster relief fund. Every beer sold, donation made, or participation with our text-to-donate campaign will support those affected by the disaster.
How you can help:
2) Text to Donate: Text REBUILD to 27722 to make a $10 donation to The Denver Foundation benefiting the Left Hand Brewing Foundation. Reply with YES to confirm your donation.
3) Donate online to LHBF.
4) Write a check: Attn: Flood Relief c/o Left Hand Brewing Co. | 1265 Boston Ave. | Longmont, CO 80501
5) Share the news: Share the Longmont Oktoberfest / CO Flood Relief video with your friends!
Craft Beer: Left Hand, Oskar Blues, the Pumphouse, 300 Suns, Grossen Bart
Local Fare: Styria Bakery, Abo’s Pizza, & Georgia Boys BBQ
Kid Zone: Ponies, Bounce House + Face Painting
Hotel: Stay at the Longmont Best Western Plus
Friday, September 20th
- 4pm First Official Keg Tapping by Longmont Mayor, Dennis Coombs
- 4pm Music: Bonnies & the Clydes
- 5pm Stein Holding Contest + Kid’s Edition
- 5pm Music: Rick Borger & Average German Band
- 6pm Bratwurst Eating Contest
- 6:30 Music: Polkanauts
- 8pm Music: Rick Borger & Average German Band
- 8pm Tug of War
- 8:30 Music: Last Men on Earth
- 10pm Doors Closed
Saturday, September 21st
- 12pm Music: Rick Borger & Average German Band
- 12:30 Music: Left Hand Market Boys
- 1:30 Music: Rick Borger & Average German Band
- 2pm Music: Prairie Scholars
- 3pm Music: Rick Borger & Average German Band
- 3:15 Malt Sack Races
- 3:30 Music: Cat Jerky
- 4:30 Salute to Flood Rescue Teams
- 4:30 World’s Longest Bratwurst
- 5pm Music: Rick Borger & Average German Band
- 5pm Stein Holding Contest
- 6pm Best Dressed @ Oktoberfest
- 6:20 LH 20th Anniversary Toast!
- 6:30 Music: Thunk
- 8pm Brewery Boot Drink Competition
- 8:30 Music: Squid
More about Longmont Oktoberfest
The celebrations begin on Friday September 20th with the ceremonial first keg tapping by Longmont Mayor, Dennis Coombs at 4pm! Oktoberfest will feature fresh craft beer from the finest breweries Longmont has to offer including, Left Hand Brewing, Oskar Blues and the Pumphouse Brewery. Don’t forget your lederhosen, because we’ll be in the Deutschland spirit all weekend long! Friday night goers can get in on the action at our Stein Holding Contest (kid’s edition too!) and Bratwurst Eating Contest and bring your blankets and chairs, because we’ll be rocking out to the tunes of local faves, Last Men On Earth. The celebrations continue Saturday September 21st starting at noon. In addition to the German fun and festivities, help us thank our first responders and support the victims of the flood. Their stories will be heard throughout the weekend with a formal salute to our rescue teams at 4:30pm on Saturday. Bring out the whole family for another great day of festivities & kids zone, local vendors, and live music featuring Thunk and Squid. Come dressed for the occasion as we celebrate the Best Dressed at Ofest. At 4pm, be there as we begin to build the world’s longest bratwurst! We’re filling the 55 foot long bratwurst, made by Old Style Sausage on site at Roosevelt Park, cook it over hot coals and serve it on a Whole Foods Market bun. Afterwards the brat will be served with all proceeds going to our non-profits. Saturday evening, Left Hand co-founders Eric Wallace & Dick Doore will lead an event wide toast, commemorating the brewery’s 20th anniversary and honoring the community of Longmont’s resilience and strength.
Like all Left Hand Brewing events, Longmont Oktoberfest will be more than just a celebration but an opportunity to give back to the community. The 2013 Longmont Oktoberfest will benefit the Longmont Meals on Wheels, HOPE for Longmont, and the Left Hand Brewing Foundation. Left Hand Brewing Company aims to continue the local tradition and fall celebration with neighbors & friends, while passionately pursuing their brewery community philosophy of contributing positively to where we live, work, and play.
What is the Left Hand Brewing Foundation?
Founded in Left Hand’s 20th year, the Left Hand Brewing Foundation (LHBF) is committed to brewing a stronger community where we work, live and play. The LHBF affords Left Hand Brewing, in partnership with the Longmont Community Foundation, the opportunity to respond quickly and efficiently, with a directed act of support, for issues and emergencies important to the Longmont community and beyond.